Have you thought about silk flowers? Not the ones you’ll find in the attic! Silk flowers have come a long way, and they won’t wilt on a hot day or soak on a wet day. Best yet, your flowers will last long after you say ‘I do.’
Stores like Michael’s, Pearl Arts & Crafts, and HobbyWorld are great places to start. Here are 8 easy steps to preparing flowers that will impress your guests and your wallet:
- Find a local craft store that carries silk flowers.
- Select your flowers, filler greenery, and bouquet holder.
- Bundle your arrangement and use wire cutter to trim stems.
- Slide into large size bouquet holder.
- Wrap stems with floral tape. Wrap stems with tulle or tie with ribbon.
- Use the same steps above to create attendants bouquets, using a small to medium size bouquet holder.
- To create boutonnieres and corsages, cut flower stem down, wrap with floral tape and insert pin (optional – tie ribbon in to bow on stem of corsage).
- To create center pieces tie a few flowers with ribbons and place in vases.